Session Time: Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 3:30pm
It all sounds so easy, right. All you need is a domain name, a hosting account with WordPress installed and every social media account known to man, and you are all set, right? No. Things can get really difficult and complicated really quick. From money problems and email management issues to sick days and navigating trendy new tools, there are so many factors that can impact the success of your blog. In this session, I will share some of the major lessons that I've learned through the ups and downs of running a blog.
Questions this Session Will Answer:
- Why do you need to treat your blog like a business from the start and not a hobby?
- What if you don't want to be the face of your "brand"?
- Why you should choose a niche that you are really passionate about?
- How much more expensive can blogging be than you think?
- Wearing all the hats: What skills do you need other than writing and editing?
- How do you decide what new trends and tools are for you and which ones aren't right for your blog?
- How important is a customer service plan, including email management, from the start?
- What do you do when your blog's income falls off all of a sudden?
- What do you do when you are faced with a major health/family crisis but you have a thriving blog?
- What are my top 3 tips to consider before moving to full time blogging?
Ebony Ajima Maddox runs Black Women Losing Weight, a thriving community focused on making a positive impact on the health of black women. With over 14 years of experience in communications and web strategy, she believes in using the power of the web for good. The left side of her brain is a skilled internet marketer, web developer, and content curator while the right side loves to sing soul music and study eastern philosophy. She’s a proud mom and Howard University grad. You will find her blogging and celebrating success stories daily at blackweightlosssuccess.com.