Time: Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 3:30pm
Like most writers, you may find yourself stuck before you even begin setting pen to paper, simply because you don’t have any idea the steps to write a book.
This session will help you to bring your book idea to fruition. If you aren’t sure what to give thought to first, the Writing Your First Book session will take away the guesswork and provide all the essential steps to write a book. From the writing process to choosing a publishing route, your writing and publishing related questions will be answered.
Whether you write fiction or non-fiction, this session is designed to help you begin your manuscript and complete it! It will walk writers through the first year of writing including: the dreaded procrastination, never having time, fleshing out ideas, writing the first words, writers block, and more!
You will learn:
- How to get started writing
- How to outline your manuscript
- How to make time for writing
- How to cater to your target audience
- Manuscript formatting
- Choosing between self-publishing and traditional publishing
- The basics of editing your first draft and more!