Our Attendee Spotlight is:
Shawna Kay who's blog is Blissed Out Belle
What do you hope to experience at BWB 2013?
I'm looking forward to networking with other bloggers. As well as, learn how to make money from my blog and acquiring sponsors. I also want to learn how to effectively use social media sites and other tools to get higher rank on search engines and increase website traffic. I would like to learn how to successfully video blog.
Why did you decide to start a blog?
Blissed Out Belle™ was spawned from my own awakening and self-empowerment. This all began after I settled into my career following college, and at that time I started to question my life as a whole. I was going through a quarter-life-crisis, so I had to do some serious soul searching.
Through my soul searching I uncovered a lot about myself that has helped me to emerge as the empowered woman I am today. In addition, I discovered the power to living a passionate and prosperous life, and my mission is to share my experience and insight with others.
My newfound perspective has propelled me into my purpose of helping others pour more passion into every aspect of their life, and my aim is to encourage others to live at their Highest Potential.
What are your top blogging tips for other bloggers?
1. Constantly engage with followers and social media sites, by presenting content that is fresh and relevant.
2. Keep your brand image consistent throughout all social media sites.
3. Join blogging networks.
4. Create a media kit.
5. Reach out and contact advertisers or solicit sponsors.
Where do you see you and your blog in 5 years?
In 5 years I see my blog being a full-fledged community of supportive women helping empower each other. My goal is to host seminars or events, as well as write books, and travel around the world speaking to people about living an empowered life. All in all, my goal is to help people break down the blocks in their life so that they're able to live life by design and not default.
Do you need something from your fellow bloggers to take your blogging to the next level?
I would love to collaborate with other bloggers, and organize events that are beneficial to the both of us. I'm also open to guest contributors that can add another perspective to my site. It would be great if there is a way to help increase each others traffic.
Do you have something to offer bloggers to help them take their blogging to the next level?
I believe to take your blogging to the next level you must begin to video blog. Readers want to connect on a deeper level, by seeing you in action discussing hot topics.
2. Another thing to consider is your personal brand. First impressions matters, from the way you speak, to your personality, to even how you dress, it all matters. So, bloggers must think about what kind of image they want to represent and be consistent with it.
3. In addition, I believe if you are a serious blogger, you need to create a media kit. The purpose of the media kit is to have a professional pre-packaged set of promotional material used to send out to sponsors, advertisers, booking agents, etc.
4. Bloggers should also acquire the skills necessary to speak to groups of people. As a blogger you have the possibility to become a huge public figure, so being able to speak in front of people is a must.
Welcome to BWB!